Betaine HCL Pepsin 250 Capsules
Betaine HCl and pepsin are naturally occurring gastric-juice components that render nutrients available for absorption and biological acitivity. Specifically, betaine HCl is an acidic form of betaine, which promotes optimal gastric lumen acidity and pepsin is a protein-digesting enzyme that catalyzes the splitting of peptide bonds. Betaine HCl and pepsin promote the solubilization of food particles and the healthy absorption and utilization of nutrients, including protein, calcium, vitamin B12, and iron. Contact with gastric juices causes protein and polysaccharide degradation, allowing them to become more accessible to the actions of the hydrolytic enzymes in the duodenum and jejunum. Furthermore, HCl contributes to the naturally acidic environment of the stomach necessary for healthy microbial balance.
Pure Encapsulations Betaine HCl is synthetic. Pepsin is porcine (pork) derived. Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
- Amount Per Serving
- Each (size 0) vegetarian capsule contains:
- Betaine HCl520 mg
- Pure pepsin (1:10,000 potency, lactose free) (porcine)21 mg
- Other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), ascorbyl palmitate
- Gluten free, non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian, hypoallergenic
- Made in USA
1 capsule, 3 times daily, with each meal or as directed by a health care professional
- Discontinue immediately if a burning sensation occurs. Not recommended for people with ulcers or a history of ulcers.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Large amounts of betaine HCl may cause stomach irritation. Individuals with a history of peptic ulcers, gastritis, or gastrointestinal symptoms should consult their physician before taking betaine HCl.
- People taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), cortisone-like drugs, or other medications that might cause a peptic ulcer should not take betaine HCl. Consult with your physician for more information.